Monday, October 13, 2008

Grocery Game & Costco

I love Sunday for lots of reasons, but I must confess that one big reason is for the paper, but not to read it, just to get the coupons out of it. Then I get to clip, organize, & make my shopping list. I get my shopping list from a place called "The Grocery Game" that tells you what is on sale and if it is a good buy or not. I usually save as much as I spend, unless a little friend comes with me who doesn't play by the coupon rule :) But it is only $10 every 8 weeks for the use of the website for the shopping list and it is more than worth it! Kris thinks that I am crazy but I really enjoy doing it and seeing how much money we save! The last time that we added it all up we had saved close to $1200 and that was 3 months ago. My "Sissy" Shena was the one that got me to do it and now Mom has even joined in so we even swap. Melissa (who would play too if she lived closer) said yesterday that "a family that clips (coupons) together, saves together", she cracks me up, but I think that she secretly wishes that she could play too, but its not as fun if you don't have people to compete against! We went to Costco on Saturday, and I am happy to say, that I only spent $17.10!!! That has to be a record for that store! My Mother on the other hand walked out with a bed...
That was pretty much my excitement for the weekend...wow blogs can be right lame/boring if you don't have kids to show...maybe I will go and take some pics of the kids to liven things up...

4 comments:

Rayna said...

I've heard of that game but wasn't sure if it was worth it. So you say it is, huh?

AshleyJ said...

I'm lovin the new blog design lettie! I really need help with this coupon thing. Is it just Sunday newspaper that the coupons come in?! See my problem is I'm a Walmart girl, and the coupons are for the name brand stuff, so my question is this...Does the name brand stuff with the coupon equal out to be cheaper then the walmart brand?

Linda said...

Hey Lettie - glad to hear that you guys are making a game out of coupons etc. Sorry to say that my Sarai is the queen of SAVINGS! One time I didn't believe her and she faxed me a copy of her receipt. hee hee. Coupons are great. She had a $150 total and had $86 in coupons!! We don't do much coupons now here in Arizona and we don't have Costco (boo hoo). But we do have Sam's, so we feel some kind of pleasure in buying in bulk. AND, you are doing a great job with your blog. Look at mine.....i posted a pic of our ant hill! hmmm. been in the desert too long?

melissa said...

I do wanna play! I wish I was there. Stop telling me the fun things you do together. I'm a jealous person! Call me tomorrow, wanna tell you something funny.